Monday, December 7, 2009

Tagged

I was tagged by Travener. I don't know who to tag. If you want to fill this out, get on down with your bad self!

What's the last thing you wrote?
Words 3500-4500 in The Tooth Fairy's Assistant

What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
I believe I still have a copy of The Slug That Ate Manhattan. I think I wrote that in sixth grade.

Last thing:
See the first question.

Write poetry?
Not since junior high school.

Angsty poetry?
Never

Favorite genre of writing?
YA

Most annoying character you've ever created?
Becca in the first draft of The Reluctant Prophet

Best plot you've ever created?
Um, I'm going to go with the one in Blink. It's a great plot, but I think I need to shore up the writing.

Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
Time travelers fuck up in the past and next thing you know my characters are hurtling down the wrong side of the highway in America, cars flashing past them going the opposite direction. America's been under British rule for the last 300 years and America is a poor man's Ireland.

How often do you get writer's block?
I don't really get writers block, I get writers laziness.

Do you type or write by hand?
Type.

Do you save everything you write?
Yep, even the stuff I cut. I have a document called like "deleted snippets" or something like that. There could be gold in there for my next book people!!

Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abadoned it?
Not really.

What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
I can't choose a favorite. God, I have a few blog posts I have absolutely adored. I don't want to pick.

What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
I have no idea.

Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
Romance yes. Angsty teen drama no.

What's you favorite setting for your characters?
I like to have them in Washington, because that's what I know best.

How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Three-ish, but mostly just one.

Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Not since primary school.

What are your five favorite words?
"I love you too Mommy."

What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Kristen from Blink.

Where do you get ideas for your characters?
All over the place. Friends, myself, weird stories I hear, etc.

Do you ever write based on your dreams?
No. I rarely ever remember my dreams, and when I do, they're the really weird ones. I haven't been able to incorporate a bunch of people with teabags instead of heads into my work. Though I have considered trying.

Do you favor happy endings?
Yes.

Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Yes. My grammer usually comes out correctly, except for my overuse/misplacement of the word "had." I also usually spell things correctly, and I notice when I don't. I'm constantly backspacing to fix problems like that. I can't just move forward and plan to fix it later. It will bug me hours afterwards. I still know it's there.

Does music help you write?
Absolutely not. Any type of background noise is a huge distraction.

Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
Her grey blue eyes glowed with pride at Alex’s words, and for a second I saw what she would look like if I thought she was pretty.

3 comments:

  1. That wasn't too bad, was it? I must say I'm in awe of all you folks who have two or three projects going at once. I can barely keep one going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the plot twist. I am slightly obsessed with LOST, so I love the idea of time travel. Sounds like a complicated plot to write, but I'll bet it was really rewarding.

    (Glad you answered all the q's! I thought this was a really fun little exercise.)

    ReplyDelete