Sunday, September 27, 2009

Why I Don't Care That I Have a Cold

Yes, it's true. I have a cold. A raging one. I came down with it Friday night, the night before my big girl's third birthday party. It has only gotten worse since then.

But it's nothing compared to my friend's colon cancer. They found it five days ago. She's having her entire colon removed in 48 hours. I'm going to be spending a lot of time at her house; her 2.5 year old daughter is my oldest's best friend.

Kind of puts things in perspective.

I think it will take at least a couple of months before I stop reminding myself to get over shit by saying "at least I don't have colon cancer." My kids are driving me crazy with their whining and crying? At least I don't have colon cancer. I dislike my first job so intensely that I resent even looking at my computer after the children go to bed? At least I don't have colon cancer. I'm sick and tired of having Playdoh ground into the carpet, food all over the kitchen floor, and no clean dishes in the house EVER? At least I don't have colon cancer.

Et cetera.

No comments:

Post a Comment