Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm All A-Twitter

I've finally broken down and joined Twitter. I resisted for so long, but finally I was dragged in by the #GhostsofBelfast contest. Of course it was a contest. I'll bend over backwards in order to be judged. Probably why I got into this whole writing racket in the first place.

I've submitted two entries so far. The task is to write a ghost story in 124 characters or less. Here are my entries so far:

1. The man stood outside. My wife’s in there. I nodded and entered. The restroom was deserted. His footsteps echoed behind me.

[I wish I could have added quotes around "My wife's in there." but I didn't have enough characters. By the way folks, that's a true story. I'll have to write a post about it sometime. That was definitley one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me.]

2. She was in animal control. He controlled animals. No one muzzled his bitch. "Get her boys!" he barked. The pack descended.

[That one is fictional, and is supposed to be funny. I snickered. But then again, I usually do.]

No comments:

Post a Comment